Saturday 10 September 2011

Mish Mash Quiche


Far too many take away's, I say! 

We were doing so well with our healthy eating until our prodigal son, Luke, returned. Neil had lost around 10kgs and I had lost 2kgs. But it all seemed to go out the window....the fat came back! Fatty food that is and the kgs! 

Now Luke has gone back to Hamilton Island to work we can't blame him anymore. So we need to nuckle down and get back on track. We needed some fresh produce and my veggie garden only had bok choy ready for harvest. We decided to head to the Suncoast Growers Market in Woombye on Saturday morning. Had a lovely morning wandering around the market and picked up some lovely veggies and plants.   


Suncoast Growers Market - Woombye

Silverbeet

Roasting fresh beetroot


Come Friday I was at a loss of what to cook. Not wanting to throw good food away I decided to make a rather unusual quiche with the left overs we had in the fridge. Chicken, silverbeet, onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and beetroot, yes beetroot!




Mish Mash Quiche


Yes I know you're thinking it looks a bit weird, that's why I called it a Mish Mash Quiche! It was yummy, very yummy in fact. I can't wait until the beetroot in our garden is ready and I can make some more weird and wonderful creations. 





1 comment:

Shaheen said...

You can't go wrong with a good quiche.