Wednesday 13 July 2011

Vegetable garden design ideas



I have been twiddling my thumbs a bit the past week waiting for the seedlings to grow. I have planted some out but the others are too small or have refused to germinate. Namely, the capsicum but I think it's still way too cold for them anyway. I think my giving up smoking 3 days ago is also making me a little impatient, just a little though!


Some friends of ours came round on the weekend to have a look at what we have done as they want to start a veggie patch too. That led me to thinking just how fantastic a vegetable garden could look if you had the right inspiration. Here are some of my favourite veggie garden pics.


























It's amazing what you can do with a small area on a tight budget and you could go wild if space and money were not an issue. I suppose everyone has their own ideas but it's good to get a bit of inspiration now and again! Happy planting everyone!



13 comments:

mountainwildlife said...

Its so hard waiting for stuff to grow isn't it?!! Good on you for giving up smoking- stick with it. The seedlings won't grow any quicker if you start again ;-)

Selina said...

I am an impatient person by nature and even more so now I'm not smoking. Mind you, focusing on the veggie project has kept me busy and taken my mind of it. I'm sure before long I will be inundated with so many veggies I won't know what to do with them!

Selina said...

To start with, what size of area do you have to use, what's the style of your house and garden and how much do you want to produce?

littlekarstar said...

Oh wow that is some inspiration!! I love gardening blogs, so much to find inspiration in!

Sonja said...

Hi Selina, I am looking at your amazing blog and great ideas. I am in the planning process ( here in Adelaide foothills). I would love if you have time to take a look at my latest posts on my FB page Veggie Patch Dream (could you search) and would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks and good gardening /Sonja

Sonja said...

Hi again this should be the link... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veggie-Patch-Dream/250583948297384
Ta /S

Dea said...

This is incredible! Thanks for sharing :)

mel said...

loved your post! here's another idea for
gardening off the ground.
www.raisedurbangardens.com
thanks for checking it out
Mel

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing information on Our vegetable garden project, i have visited your blog great post...............

kitchens toowoomba












Cinda said...

These are all quite inspirational. Do you know where you originally found these pictures? I'm particularly interested in the last one to see if they say anything about creating those gorgeous cold-frames. Thanks in advance!

Unknown said...

Hey !!! Thanks for sharing very important information on this blog, i have visited your blog really you give us great information....!!!!


Vegetable garden toowoomba










Unknown said...

If having a small space and want to design a home garden worthy way, then vegetable garden can be a perfect choice. Vegetable garden can offer a great opportunity to improve home beauty and some additional benefits through providing fresh vegetables to eat.

Garden Landscaping Melbourne

Unknown said...

these are to good idea and are more use full to me because i also want to design such types of garden at my home.
vegetable garden toowoomba