Saturday 23 July 2011

Seedlings, ponds and husbands!

Had the day all planned......a pedicure and some retail therapy at the Sunshine Plaza. When I got there, the nail bar place was full and I couldn't be bothered to wait. Not too much of a drama I thought as my toe nails won't be seeing daylight until things warm up a tad anyway. 

As for the retail therapy ....well I picked up some real bargains. 3 sets of pyjamas, 2 pairs of slippers, 5 tops/T-shirts, 3 singlets, a pair of trousers, a necklace and four bangles! Oh and I bought everyone home sushi for lunch and spent under $100 all up!

When I got home Neil was busy out the back smashing the banana tree to pieces...that's another story. Anyway, I set about planting out some of the seedlings I have been growing in my mini greenhouse. Here are some pics. 


Cucumber

Bok choy

Cauliflower

Beetroot
Spring onions to go into wall baskets tomorrow


Now, back to the story about Neil and the Banana tree.  After being inspired at the Qld Garden Expo by the ponds they had on display he decided he wants to build ANOTHER pond. I thought the novelty would wear off but he seems to be on a mission. The only place it can go is in the side garden. The only problem is that a huge banana tree with a base of about 2 metres stood in it's way. Notice I said stood and not stands...the banana tree is no more, RIP. I knew I shouldn't have left him home alone!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I envy you growing cucumbers. It is way too cold down here to even contemplate it yet. I will dream of summer!

Selina said...

Believe me it's not too warm here either at the moment. My capsicum are refusing to germinate!